HPD Stands for:
- Holistic Probabilistic Design (for Design Engineering), or
- Holistic Probabilistic Decision-Making (for all Other Application Areas – see first lines of Announcement page)
HPD Consists of a Work Process Methodology with 2 Software Suites, both Breakthroughs:
- HPD Methodology (to be part of a forthcoming Book) guides:
- How to Structure any (complex) Stochastic problem and "Model" (i.e., establish relationship) for it
- How to Stochastically Analyze & Optimize/Synthesize, locally & globally
- HPD Software Suites:
- HPD_VA for (the Umbrella Area** of) Variability Analysis**
- HPD_Opt for Stochastic Optimization
HPD’s Important Inclusiveness:
- On Modeling & Models:
- "Modeling" includes conducting experiments; "Model" includes datasets and more
- A "Total Model" is a "Flow of Models" that addresses all parameters whose Variability one needs to address
- The Software can handle any "Model"/ "Total Model"
- On Probability Distribution Types:
- Since a resulting distribution can be of any of an infinitude of Types and it can be used as an input distribution for the next level computation, HPD has liberated the concept of distribution Types altogether.
**We use "Variability Analysis" (VA) instead of "Uncertainty Quantification" (UQ) or "Risk/Reliability Analysis" – terms often seen in recent literature – because the "Umbrella area" of VA includes those and much more. E.g., it includes tolerancing, computing distributions (by several ways in addition to our Breakthrough way) and Failure Probabilities, Sensitivity/Contribution Analysis, failure rates,. . .