Variability Institute was formed 9 years ago (but HPD's history began much earlier); we have kept a 95% silent/invisible profile till now to:
- Enable total immersion in developing/productizing the HPD Software, and in writing the HPD Book
- Enable making an immediate impact on all affected disciplines and application areas when launched
(Note: Consistent with our product developing background, we did not publish piece-wise results, in contrast to researchers' practice.)
Who we are**:
- Jean Parks (Ph.D. in Math), Founder & Chief Technical Officer, has had 26 years of prior experience in applying Math to Engineering needs (at, e.g., Lockheed Missiles & Xerox). She had also managed very large engineering organizations in developing advanced Electro-Mechanical technologies & Systems Integration at Xerox. After retiring from Xerox as a Fellow, she was a Professor of Math at the University of Rochester for 5 years before retiring (a 2nd time) to ultimately return to "completing" HPD.
- Sabina Saib (Ph.D. in Computer Engineering), Chief Software Officer, has had 40 years of prior experience in embedded computer applications (at, e.g., ITT& Cisco Systems). After retiring from Cisco, where she was a Department Director, she joined Variability Institute.
- Mohammad Noori (Ph.D. in. Civil Engineering), Chief Technical Advisor, has over 34 years of experience in academia as a recognized scholar in the field of Stochastic Mechanics. He has made original contributions in non-Gaussian random vibration analysis of nonlinear systems. His extremely distinguished & dynamic career includes – see footnote *** for details – prolific scholarly activities and high level leadership roles & positions (including internationally). He is a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and has also been a fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.
- Chun Li (M.S. in Mechanical Engineering), Chief Consultant, has had 35 years of prior experience in developing software for engineering needs (at, e.g., Boeing & Xerox). After retiring from Xerox, he became the chief developer of the HPD software.
- Variability Institute has been a self-funded start-up, just now making its public appearance.
- Knowing the huge need for HPD and the huge impact it would make on application arenas and a paradigm shift, we are seeking wide deployment, or be acquired (see Products). Interested parties (potential acquirers, applications engineers, software developers, and potential partners), please contact us.